I never thought I’d be one that would or could be bitten by the travel bug, but it has and it’s left a big throbbing welt begging for my attention. Recently I’ve found myself thumbing through the travel books again, and looking at the budget to figure out how much I need to save a week to make it happen. I don’t fly well, its the ears, so I’m starting to think about doing a trip with lot’s of stopovers. Hmmmm, the budget may not stretch.
Anyhow, as I age. Yeah there’s a phrase I had to make myself type. Ageing. Ugh. I have been thinking about the things I’d like to see and do before my organs are harvested. So after rummaging through some old journals I did come up with a list, little things I’d written in the margin.
- Climb the Great Wall of China – which I did in 2012 (Hurrah!)
- Get better at taking photos – just finished a diploma in photography. Yay me.
- Publish a book – well I’ve written enough to put one together, what am I waiting for?!
- Have my photos hang in a gallery – working on it.
- See a Narwhal – can you believe such a creature is real?
- Take my children travelling – which we do as much as we can locally – last year I took my girls to New Zealand, it was so worthwhile we loved every moment.
- See a glacier – happy to say I have in 2014
- See Monument Valley – maybe next trip?
- Photograph a whale breaching into the air – so far all the ones I’ve seen have been tail wavers.
- Master another language – still trying to crack Mandarin
- Spend some time on a house boat.
How’s that for starters? Not too bad I reckon, seems pretty doable. However I think I will be left disappointed by the Narwhals.